I am very happy to share that recently I received two awards for my blog. I am both honored and delighted. It’s not really a nomination because there is no vote between bloggers to see who wins. The fact that I was recognized is an award in itself. Even though I’ve had my blog for more than 3 years, I am still trying to figure out how people get their blogs featured on different websites and in news articles. And 3 years may seem like a long time but if you have been with me from the beginning you will know that I took around 2 years off after my first ‘crash and burn’ try at teaching overseas. I picked it back up once I reapplied and started the journey over. Well receiving these awards makes me feel like my blog is being read and ‘Hey’, it must be pretty good. So I guess I will stick with it. But really, here are the requirements for receiving these awards.
I was nominated by Expat Panda. <-Click here to visit her blog) THANK YOU! She is a beautiful young lady from South Africa, who like me, is teaching overseas. She is teaching in Kuwait and I love the little memes she post in her blog. It is her signature and I’m so jeolous that I did not think of using those first.
My blog was originally started to document my steps to teaching overseas. I used to write when I was a little girl. I loved to write poetry and books. I even had a poem published in a book years ago. One day I will write some children’s books when life slows down for me. I already have my characters and storylines in my mind. Anyway, back to the brief history of my blog. The first time I tried to teach overseas I did not get the job(s). You know the rest. Now I am here in Qatar teaching first grade. And my blog is all about learning and growing over here. I discuss the steps to teaching in Qatar, life in Qatar, traveling and eating. Some might say, my blog is a little personal, but it is. I like it like that.
My advice to anyone considering blogging or just beginning, make a list, so you don’t forget. And…
Don’t ask me what this has to do with blogging. I just like it. But on a more serious note, have fun with it, but keep in mind that Big Brother is always watching. I go by this saying “When in doubt, do without”.
11 random facts about me
- I call myself a Pesca-Vegan because I mostly follow a vegan diet but I do eat seafood. SMH (I love it so much)
- I am afraid of flying but I love to travel
- I have a facebook group called “For Women Living with Alopecia”
- I write reviews
- My birthday is a big deal to me and I act like a spoiled brat in the month of August
- I hate wearing clothes, but I love clothes shopping
- I like my food piping hot and if it’s not, I’m not a happy camper. In fact, I will send it back in a heartbeat.
- Trey Songz could get it
- I want to serve more, maybe volunteer in a hospital to help kids or feed the homeless
- I will live forever, at least I tell people that, because I wish I could. I really do love life!
- My favorite movies are…
So Expat Panda has created these 10 questions for me to answer. Here goes..
- What is your favorite thing to photograph?
I love to photograph sunsets, sunrises and scenery.
- Which magical power do you wish you had while you were traveling?
It is difficult to choose just one, but I think I would love the power to teleport then I wouldn’t have to worry about the plane ride. But, I’m cheating now, I could make a whole list of other powers I wish I had. A second one would be to clone myself, so that I wouldn’t have to go back to work but remain on vacation while my clone worked for me. Or maybe the power to expand and deflate my stomach so that I could eat all I wanted and not worry about getting fat. But then that would be unhealthy, so I don’t know. How about you my readers, what power would you choose while traveling?
- If we had a day to spend together in your hometown, what would we do?
That’s easy, we would eat cheesesteaks and visit historical sites. Philadelphia has a lot of history.
- Which TV show would you like to live in?
Sex and the City! I crack me up! Thank God, she didn’t ask, which character I would be.
- What is your “take all my money!” store?
Homecenter, TJMax, Target, Macys, Oh, I’m sorry did you say store or stores?
- What food do you crave when you need comfort?
- What has been your most valuable failure?
Being told no by previous employers, it brought me here
- What’s your favorite Disney movie?
BAM! Answered that already, see ^
- What would you have told your 16 or 18-year-old self?
Go to college right after high school, it will save you time and earn you money faster
- Tell the world the story of how and why you started your blog.
BAM! Answered that already too. See^
Now I have to nominate 11 bloggers that are deserving of this award and pose 11 questions to them. But, unfortunately I don’t know that many bloggers that have less than 300 followers so I nominated a few that I think are deserving.
I have nominated you…
…for the Blogger Recognition Award and the Liebster Award. If you accept, here are your 11 questions:
- What is the title of your post that received the most views?
- What is your favorite place to visit in the whole world and why?
- If you were granted a redo, what would you use it for?
- If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?
- Describe your dream job? (You can make one up if you want)
- What are your pet peeves?
- Apple or Android?
- Who is your best friend and why?
- If you could spend one more day with someone who has passed, who would it be and what would you do?
- What are your hobbies, besides blogging?
- What do you love most about your life right now?