“I don’t really see anything packed”
That’s what a guest said when she came into my house. From others points of view, it may not look like I’ve done much to get ready for my move that is less than 60 days away but I’ve been quite busy.
Here are some things I have done to kind of prepare for this major move.
- Completed an application for Global Entry-https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry/how-apply
- Registered with the U.S. Embassy-https://step.state.gov/step/
- Applied for an International driver’s permit-http://www.dmv.org/international-driver-permits.php
- Started purchasing necessities in excess to last almost a year: Secret Clinical Strength Deoderant (It has been mentioned in one of my Facebook groups that you can’t find this over there and with that heat, I will need it) Aveeno moisturizing cream (I have eczema and this works well), eye drops, herbs, allergy medicines, cold medicines, favorite perfumes, etc…
- Sold my truck
- Sold my day care furniture
- Microblading (that’s a conversation for another day but it’s sort of eyebrow tatoos)
- Set up dates to have lunch/dinner with certain people
- Purchased a new unlocked Iphone (major for me as I am a androidian, is that even a word)
- Cleaned my kids closets and dressers and sent their clothes that they won’t be wearing to ThredUP (hoping to get some money back)
So I may not be packed but I’ve been quite busy.
P.S. The first three bullets mentioned above were done just in case. I highly recommend you do them too, if you plan on traveling abroad for any reasons.